Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday, August 16 - TD Insurance

Today was another busy day as I started my third week with TD Bank Financial Group. It is hard to believe that I am already half way done. Similar to the past two weeks, I woke up at 5:30am and soon after started the one and a half hour commute to downtown Toronto. There was very little traffic and I was able to get to work much faster than normal. I headed to the second floor of the Richmond Adelaide Centre already in a good mood.

At TD Insurance, I am a member of the finance department. At the beginning of each week, all of our team members start with a group meeting where we discuss what was accomplished last week, what needs to be accomplished this week, and any general problems or questions that we may have. With everyone extremely busy with everything that needs to be done, our meeting was soon over and I headed to my desk. What shocked me from the very first day was how completely silent an entire floor can be. Everyone is so focused on what they are working on that the time always passes by surprisingly fast. My day continued with work that I had started last week.

At TD Insurance, I mostly work with excel to put together information on premiums collected. There are several documents that must be updated regularly with all the transactions that occur on a daily basis. With it being quarter end, it is especially busy around here. Each day, I learn how to do a different task and then it is my job to continue doing these tasks for the days to come. It has really opened my eyes to just how much is done in a company. I feel like I am learning so much with the help of my colleagues who always take the time to assist me whenever I am having trouble. Before I knew it, it was already time for me to go. I am truly looking forward to spending my next two weeks with TD Insurance and am so glad with the wonderful experience this has turned out to be.

Livia Pasol
Hometown: Newmarket, ON