Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5 – My PQA Internship

Just one week after Shad, I find myself in yet another month long program, the Shad internship experience. I’m working at Professional Quality Assurance Ltd. (PQA) along with two other Shads. This internship was my first interaction with Shad students from other campuses. Every moment we had we compared our campuses, and we found out that there are significant differences. From projects, to curfew, to lunches, to activities, all of the campuses have their own way of doing things. Despite this, all of the Shads leave with the same incredible experience.

PQA is in the business of software testing and content creation such as designing E-learning software and other projects. My internship allows me to get a taste of all of this. Along with important tasks given to us throughout the day, we get the opportunity to shadow employees from different departments. They show us a little of what they do, and we ask questions about it and if they have the time, they will even teach us about Flash, Photoshop and other fun programs.

Our lunchroom is equipped with the inevitable fridge, oven and microwave, but it also has pool table, air hockey and foosball. We definitely make the most of our 1-hour lunch breaks.
All in all, day 2 of the internship was a great learning experience and I’m looking forward to many more in the weeks to come.

Alex Deslongchamps
Hometown: Fredericton, NB