Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1 - New Brunswick Education

I can’t believe that my last day of work has arrived. The past four weeks have been incredible, and they have just flown by. Leaving the Department of Education this afternoon will be disheartening, since I have really had such an amazing time here.

The work I had to do was very entertaining. I had the pleasure of reading through thousands of perception surveys from all the schools across the province. Teachers, parents, and students had made comments about the school, and I made codes for the different comments that were made. You couldn’t help but chuckle at some of the comments, they were just too funny. After all of that, I had to compile the results into a table, so a report could easily be written from them.

The people that I worked with are unbelievable. They are just some of the funniest and kindest people I have ever met. They are what made this experience so incredible for me. I will miss them dearly when I have to say goodbye.

I am so happy that I decided to take this internship. Although I was slightly nervous in the beginning, everything has just turned out so well. It truly has been an unforgettable experience for me!

Nicole Bendrich
Hometown: Fredericton, NB